Homework


Blogging has been and continues to be such a great release of creative energy for me. The only problem is, in my busy daily schedule, I have limited time to pursue creativity. I often find lately that I spend more time blogging about it then doing it. So, you may have noticed I have not been the faithful blogger of late that's because I have been busy, busy with home work.

The picture above is the mantle in my living room with my paint color choices:
On the Left: Restoration Hardware "Stone", Farrow and Ball "Mouse's Back"
On the Right: Restoration Hardware "Slate", F & B "Hardwick White", F & B "Charleston Gray"

Can you guess which one I seleted?



I have been working on creating a warm welcome in my entrance hall. Looking around in my home, it wasn't hard to notice that all the compositions in my house are symetrical. The bookshelves, the tablescapes, the pictures on the wall, everything! I am sure a psychiatrist would have a great time analyzing that. I think symmetrical arrangements are pleasing and orderly but asymmetrical arrangements are more interesting. They are also more challenging to create. The above vignette is my attempt at going asymmetrical. I collect old, gilded frames and never know exactly what to do with them so I have layered them into the vignette.

Photobucket
You have just read the article entitled Homework. Please read the article from Interior Josh About , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://storyflash.blogspot.com/2011/03/homework.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment