Shopping Atlanta: South of Market


One of my favorite places to shop when I visit Atlanta or Charleston is South of Market. Coming from such a traditional environment where I live {Winston Salem}, I am just totally blown away by the graphic displays, bright colors, Belgian inspired furnishings and interesting art. I know the term 'eye candy' is grossly overused but it is the only thing I can think of that describes the SOM shopping experience.

My favorite Galbraith and Paul textiles are everywhere. Galbraith and Paul fabrics are all hand blocked. The pillows on these two Verellen chairs are in 'smokebrush' the same pattern I have selected for my living room curtains but in a grayish-blue colorway. I love the apricot color of these cushions especially with the utility canvas throws in the background and that interesting chandelier.



Vibrant colors and great graphic fabrics are combined with Belgian upholstery. Organic materials like rustic, raw woods, driftwood and linen bring warmth and texture to the setting.


You see neat old signs and typography everywhere when you visit the flea markets these days. I never really know what to do with it once you get it home. I like this large "U" used as art in this grouping.


Charts are all the rage right now in the collectors world. These framed botanical charts have great color. I like the way they float in glass with a simple, modern black frame.





South of Market is masterful with scale. This Galbraith and Paul linen covered shade was big and gorgeous. I envision it in a modern, coastal home with high ceilings.


These wingback chairs were made from braided leather. Old machine gears are painted white and framed and make a graphic art presentation.


I love the color of these gray gourd lamps...they almost came home to live with me. 



This set of eight French chairs was priced as a set. They were absolutely amazing with oversized nailhead trim and a rich gray patina. I can only imagine how spectacular they would look pulled up to a dining table in a fabulous mountain home with barn wood and beams. I love them paired with this rich new green.


Old parquet floor squares are hung in a grid above a fresh white sofa. I love the texture they bring to this clean, modern, bright vignette.


Galvanized bucket lampshades hang by thick textural rope. A pair of old French dormer windows with a lovely gray patina are made into mirrors.



I saved the best for last...my favorite thing in the store was this pair of framed Suzani quilts.


Note to self...think BIG, don't be afraid to create your own art, have fun with your home!


Photobucket
You have just read the article entitled Shopping Atlanta: South of Market. Please read the article from Interior Josh About , , , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://storyflash.blogspot.com/2012/03/shopping-atlanta-south-of-market.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment