Silhouettes

I have the opposite of buyers remorse. A few years ago I visited a favorite local antique store, Caroline Faison Antiques, in Greensboro. She had recently purchased a collection of antique framed silhouettes that she had artfully displayed as a group around a mantle. There were probably 25 portraits in the collection, lovingly collected over a lifetime. I couldn't bare the thought of separating the collection and left empty handed. Remorse! I have often wondered what happened to the collection.

Since that day I have been keenly aware of the use of silhouettes in design. West Elm has a charming collection of silhouette framed art, pillows and tableware this year. I have also noted the more recent trend of using silhouettes in modern, colorful interiors. I love the modern, graphic aesthetic they bring and love the idea of an inexpensive DIY project that brings both personality and a personal touch to a home's interior. Should you get the "itch" to be creative this Fall, follow the link below to personalize your own home with family and pet portraiture.


I find this charming silhouette necklace so enchanting! It is available through the etsy store lucky me beads! Gotta' have one!


{West Elm}


{West Elm}


{Massucco Warner Miller Design}


{Jennifer McGee via VT Interiors}

{image via Design Sponge}

Looking for the perfect DIY project this Fall? Follow the link to Design Sponge and learn how to create these modern family portraits at home.

Great idea for a playroom wall!


{Tia Zolden via Cottage Living}
You have just read the article entitled Silhouettes. Please read the article from Interior Josh About , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://storyflash.blogspot.com/2010/10/silhouettes.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment