Color Cravings: Just a hint of Orchid Please

( interior design by Jim Hawes of Caldwell-Beebe)
I am not one to follow trends but I often find myself falling for just a touch of 
what is the interesting it-trend of late. 
Have you heard that the Pantone color of the year is orchid?

It is a very saturated hue that might be a little much for my taste…
but, a little pop goes a long way especially in a room filled with soft grays and creamy whites.

What do you think of Orchid?


"This vibrant color is sure to liven up neutrals including gray, beige and taupe. Uplifting and bold without being overpowering, Radiant Orchid reenergizes almost any color palette and provides a unifying element for diverse spaces."

{Suzanne Kasler's kitchen from her new book Timeless Style}

The orchid hue of the linen upholstery on the chairs in Suzanne Kasler's kitchen 
makes a great case for the color of the year.
The color orchid looks really pretty when paired with bleached wood.



A great way to incorporate a little orchid into your everyday life is to add tinted glassware.

I love mixing plates, silverware and napkins to create interesting table settings.


{Collins Interiors}

This beautiful bedroom is actually more lavender than orchid but I thought I would throw it in just because it is a really interesting shade. 

I like the way it mixes with the little hint of blue in the framed intaglios.

{Interior Design from Beth Webb}

Here's a couple of great bedrooms from some of my favorite designers that feature interesting accessories in an orchid colorway.

{Interior Design, Betsy Brown}


{A coastal bedroom from Interior Designer Tammy Connor}
I saved my favorite pop of orchid for last.

I am in love with the front door of Frank Babb Randolph's Georgetown townhouse 
painted Farrow and Ball's Brassica.

{Frank Babb Randolph's Georgetown home featured in Veranda here.}
Photobucket
You have just read the article entitled Color Cravings: Just a hint of Orchid Please. Please read the article from Interior Josh About https://storyflash.blogspot.com/2014/02/color-cravings-just-hint-of-orchid.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment