Something Old

The gift of old silver is always well-received. The coin silver spoon above was a gift from my mother and bears my initials ~ AW. She presented it to me, tied with the delicate ribbon, not for my birthday, but just because! I plan to use it as a sugar spoon or to serve preserves at breakfast or cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving. The best time to find these special gifts is when you are not looking. Next time you are on the hunt at a local antique show, fair or flea market, browse through the old coin silver looking at the monograms to see if they match any of your good friends. Amazingly, you can pick up an old spoon like the one above for as little as $5. Two patterns that I am always looking for that are "Basket of Flowers" and "Sheaf of Wheat." They usually run about $45-$65 each.
A set of six basket of flowers coin silver spoons from Phyllis Tucker Antiques.


You have just read the article entitled Something Old. Please read the article from Interior Josh About http://storyflash.blogspot.com/2010/01/something-old.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment