High Point Market - A few Favorites



I thought I would send you off to a beautiful fall weekend with just a few of the photos I took {on my cell phone} at the High Point Furniture Market this past week. I always come away from market inspired and love the opportunity to share with you some of my favorite moments.

The Verellen Showroom is pure luxury!

I love the way the Belgian linen slipcovers fall so gracefully over their furniture's interesting silhouettes. I noticed a lot of pure white all over the market and especially at Verellen.







This elongated, contemporized wing chair swivels and was extremely comfortable to sit in. Notice the interesting top stitching of the shapely chair at the dining table in the background




I would like to have three small cocktail tables in my new office like the stone tables above. It is a long and narrow room and these could be moved around for different functions.


Adjacent to the Verellen showroom is an incredible collection of antique and vintage antiques from around the globe. Texture offers a highly specialized collection of artifacts for the designer and architect that represents the 'texture' of the country where it is sourced. I have always loved old things that have an interesting story to tell. 

{A designer friend, Cindy Caudle and my sister, Tracy Collins,  trying out the uber soft leather  Verellen swivel chairs in the Texture showroom that adjoins Verellen}
{My favorite global find at Texture was this weathered vintage wine barrel. I also liked the woven straw market totes that came as a set of three}

{If you watch the National Geographic channel like I do you may recognize some of the neat things we discovered at texture - like these long boats carved out of a single tree}

{I love the interesting silhouette of these Verellen linen slipcovered chairs tucked in with this rustic table}

{ I have a long love affair with seashells and baskets}

{A display of Belgian handblown glassware with thistle…so gorgeous!}

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! I hear the leaves are at their peak in the North Carolina mountains. I'll have more pics from throughout out the market for you next week.
Photobucket
You have just read the article entitled High Point Market - A few Favorites. Please read the article from Interior Josh About , , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://storyflash.blogspot.com/2013/10/high-point-market-few-favorites.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment